Do I need a doctor's note or negative test clearing me to return to work after I was sick?

The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment does not have, and cannot provide, you with a letter clearing you to go back to work. If you had symptoms consistent with COVID-19, you should isolate yourself for 10 days after symptoms started, and continue isolating yourself until you are fever-free (without the use of fever-reducing medications) for 3 days. Public health is not requiring people to have a negative test to return to work. If your employer is requiring this, you may want to contact your doctor, or another health care provider, or direct your employer to this Q and... Read More

My workplace is asking for documentation that proves I was told to quarantine. Where do I get this?

It depends on who advised you to quarantine. If public health instructed you to quarantine, get documentation from that specific public health agency (such as Tri-County, Denver Public Health, etc.). If a health care provider instructed you to quarantine, contact that provider to get the documentation.

How do I file for unemployment/does my business qualify for unemployment?

As we are a separate entity from the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, we cannot offer direct assistance on filing for unemployment. We recommend consulting the CDLE site for questions about unemployment or calling them at (303) 318-8000. 

Where can I find information on government-issued loans for my business? Other financial assistance (non-unemployment)?

You can find information on available financial assistance at the Colorado COVID-19 Business Resource Center. Here you will find a variety of different options to assist your business during this time

How do I report a business that is not in following public health guidance?

If you suspect that someone is violating public health orders, you should contact your local public health department.